[ovs-discuss] Get SST tunnel into work

Igor Shafran igor.shafran at toganetworks.com
Wed May 25 14:49:47 UTC 2016

Hi Justin,

Thanks for prompt reply. I succeed to resolve my issue with kernel module.
Still facing problem with STT tunnel configuration though:
- I have 2 VM's.
 -OVS installed in each VM + separate namespace in each VM emulating network separation
- STT tunnel between 2 VMs

I am pinging from namespace on first VM  to namespace on second VM. GRE tunnel for that configuration works fine.
For STT tunnel: I see my ping packet get encapsulated passes through tunnel but on other tunnel side it is not decapsulated/not continued to local subnet of second VM.

No flows installed. Configuration is pretty straightforward.
Am I missing  some options in port configuration   ? How can I debug it except tcpdump that I did ?  Can you advise please

root at Ubuntu14-vm3:~# ovs-vsctl show
044c1d00-4f3f-4ea7-85e7-52984bbf6118
    Bridge "br1"
        Port "br1"