[ovs-discuss] visualitation of ovs-ofctl mod-port options

Alessio Giorgetti alessio.giorgetti at gmail.com
Thu May 26 11:58:52 UTC 2016

I'm using Open vSwitch 2.4.0. Trying to configure some options to the
specific ports using the command:

 > ovs-ofctl mod-port switch port action

However, I'm not able to find any command or configuration file to check
if the port action has been correctly applied.

The man pages says:

"The show command displays (among other information) the configuration
that mod-port changes."

However these information is not reported by the following commands:

 > sudo ovs-ofctl show br0 -O OpenFlow13
 > sudo ovs-vsctl list port

Following my previous question on STP, I have the suspect that mod-port
commands are not correctly applied in the ovs. This would explain the
problems that I still have with utilization of STP.

Best Regards,
alessio