[ovs-discuss] OVN SFC: Changes to include ACL based classifiers

Russell Bryant russell at ovn.org
Tue Nov 1 12:55:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Flaviof <flavio at flaviof.com> wrote:

> [cc: John, Louis, Farhad, Russell]
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Picking up from where we left off at the summit [1], I took
> a stab at the nb schema changes to represent what I
> understood Russell and others saying on how we could
> use a secondary table of ACLs to serve as the SFC
> classifiers: [2].

What I had in mind was proceeding with a proposal like this one where we
change ACLs to have multiple stages.  This patch proposed two, but I think
we later talked about extending it to have more (8 perhaps?).

http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2016-July/076674.html

Then if SFC was an ACL action, you could put it in any stage of ACLs you
want, with other things before or after as desired.

Does it look right to you? If so, I will start making the
> changes to incorporate that and obsolete the classifier based
> code [3]. I'm not sure if I will be able to migrate to this new
> table in time for the talk at OVSCon [4], but I will try.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- flaviof
>
> [1]: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/r.f7cebb215b63ae657d91a28ab0da42bf
> <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/networking-ovn-ocata-summit>
>
> [2]: https://github.com/doonhammer/ovs/pull/3/commits/
> b10224a07de2970358eb5e105146ef1d5f5eca6d
>
> [3]: https://github.com/doonhammer/ovs/pull/3/commits/
> 2ebea7881c523dd356cd043a24531c268bddf6b4#diff-
> 2c35162acf6ad144624954fdc4c3d9f4R2505
>
> [4]: http://sched.co/8aZE

Russell Bryant