[ovs-discuss] [openstack-dev] [ovn] [[l3-agent] connectivity to external network

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 20:52:00 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Murali R <muralirdev at gmail.com> wrote:

> The scope of question is using neutron L3 services with OVN. The problem
> is when a router created, there is no implicit internal interface created
> between the router instance and the external bridge.

​To be honest, support of the Neutron L3 agent was only a transitional
thing while we bootstrapped OVN.  It was only useful while the
corresponding features were added to OVN.  Once we merge [1], I don't see
any reason to keep support of the L3 agent any longer and plan to remove
support for it and the corresponding CI jobs.  My suggestion would be to
try to do what you need using OVN's L3 support.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/346646/

--
Russell Bryant