[ovs-discuss] Monitoring OVS metrics statistics using sFlow

Neeldhwaj Pathak neeldhwaj.pathak at imaginea.com
Tue Nov 15 19:34:08 UTC 2016

Hi all,

sFlow provides us the cache hit, miss, lost, etc numbers as well as the cpu
usage statistics. And this is for the host running the ovs not for
individual bridge or the interface of the ovs.

Also, the command 'ovs-vsctl list interface' provides us the interface
details which includes the statistics details too which contains the
following metrics;
statistics          : {collisions=0, rx_bytes=0, rx_crc_err=0,
rx_dropped=0, rx_errors=0, rx_frame_err=0, rx_over_err=0, rx_packets=0,
tx_bytes=5118, tx_dropped=0, tx_errors=0, tx_packets=53}

And this is provided per interface basis.

My question is why these statistics are not included by sflow pollers. So
that the combined metrics is provided by the sflow. Or is there some
fundamental thing which I am missing so that I am asking such question?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Neeldhwaj Pathak