[ovs-discuss] ovs-vsctl: unix:/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock: database connection failed (No such file or directory)

Ashish Kurian ashishbnv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 13:13:58 UTC 2016

Dear Members,

I have installed and tested OVS. But after reboot, I get the error in the
subject when I run the commands - sudo ovs-vsctl show

I have already added the openvswitch-switch.init to the directory
/etc.init.d/openvswitch-switch but it is not getting executed on start up

If I run the commands manually by sudo /etc/init.d/openvswitch-switch start
, everything works fine. Please help me with this issue if any one is aware
of a fix

Best Regards,
Ashish Kurian