[ovs-discuss] How is theQueueing in OVS implemented

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Thu Nov 17 20:17:19 UTC 2016

> On Nov 17, 2016, at 3:53 AM, Jannis Ohms <jannis.ohms2 at ostfalia.de> wrote:
>
> OF 1.0  standardised  queues for QoS.  How are they implemented in the vswitchd  ?

QoS is currently supported for the Linux kernel datapath and DPDK.  They make use of underlying QoS support of the platform.  For example, on the Linux kernel datapath, the tc subsystem is used.

> Is there some architecture documentation which could help me find the right part of the code ?

There's some discussion in the ovs-vswitchd.conf.db man page of the various QoS types supported on each platform.  If you want gory details, you can look at some of the comments in places like "lib/netdev-linux.c".

--Justin