[ovs-discuss] 10G interface stops receiving traffic after 100Mbps (ovs-DPDK)

devendra rawat devendra.rawat.singh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:17:31 UTC 2016

I am trying to bring up my ethernet device interface in ovs-DPDK
I have created and added my non PCI vdev as dpdk0 device on bridge br0.

# ovs-vsctl --no-wait set Open_vSwitch . other_config:dpdk-extra=--vdev
=my_eth_dev

# ovs-vsctl --no-wait add-br br0 -- set bridge br0 datapath_type=netdev

# ovs-vsctl --no-wait add-port br0 dpdk0 -- set Interface dpdk0 type=dpdk

my interface is coming up well, I can see my interface br0 using ifconfig.
I need to validate the RX and TX paths.

I am able to receive traffic on br0 from an external packet generator and
my pings are also going out throught br0.
But my 10G interface stops receiving traffic if RX rate goes beyond 100Mbps.
can it be a setting issue because my DPDK testpmd application gives me line
rate ?

Can I add a flow entry so that br0 sends back the traffic it receives from
packet generator ?