[ovs-discuss] OVS & tun interfaces / openvpn design

Benoît benoit at neviani.fr
Sun Nov 20 17:23:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

Just to see if any of you are using OVS + OpenVPN ?
My linux box is running OVS managing both my KVM vnics and my physical
nics and I am using OpenVpn for my external internet access, this
creates a tun interface.

How you guys deal with this as ovs is not L3 and there is no
way to include the tun interface into the vswitch as only ethernet
interface are supported?

I would like particulary to mirror the tun interface but I didn't find
another solution rather than using iptables tee function to send to
another interface inside an ovs switch but I don't like very much...
and it is the only workaround I found.

Would be very interested to heard about how do you deal with this
situation (tun/openvpn devices + ovs) in term of design

Many thanks!

--
Benoit