[ovs-discuss] could not create netdev enp2s0 of unknown type dpdk

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Tue Nov 22 16:50:58 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Shivaram Mysore <shivaram.mysore at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks.  Still not helping :-(  FYI: I am configuring OVS on a Intel
> Celeron with 4 ports to use it as a hardware switch.  Hence, vfio loaded.
> I am running the following commands:

A rather common issue is something at DPDK initialization time (when you
start openvswitch-dpdk in your case) did not work as it should.
That should be a bit earlier in your log - I once answered that in a
askubuntu post and you can check the three log I added there side-by-side
and compare it to yours:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/786510/using-openvswitch-with-dpdk-in-ubuntu-16-04/789203#789203

Check if your devices are found and initializing as I reported there and
let us know what the difference is if not.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server