[ovs-discuss] could not create netdev enp2s0 of unknown type dpdk

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Fri Nov 25 06:47:12 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Shivaram Mysore <shivaram.mysore at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't think I have missed anything.  What is wrong in my setup?

LGTM so far - and I lack the equivalent cards to fully reproduce your case.

But as I outlined before the init phase of OVS with dpdk enabled can also
be important.
I shared a link to my logs before in this thread.

You might check there, and post these logs as well if you don't find
anything right away.
They are not in ovs-vswitchd.log but in journal, I'd look for something
like what I had in column three of http://paste.ubuntu.com/17581296/

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server