[ovs-discuss] OVS - Userspace packet processing

Advith Nagappa advith.nagappa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 00:01:43 UTC 2016

Hello Sugesh,

Thank you for the response.

I am using userspace OVS without DPDK. I do plan to use DPDK at a future
point, but currently am trying to understand the behavior of a pure
userspace ovs switch.

I have put in custom DBG messages in /lib/dpif_netdev. (specifically
dp_netdev_process_rxq_port) but this dbg message doesn't get triggered when
I ping between two hosts connected by a OVS capable switch.

I do see that in this case, the netdev_linux.c module is called, but I
don't know who is calling this module (i.e the entry point to the ovs code
base)

Any input is appreciated.

Best Regards
Advith