[ovs-discuss] ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘cacert.pem’: File exists

Ashish Kurian ashishbnv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:10:39 UTC 2016

Dear Developers,

I tried to locate the file and it existed and I removed it. Still after
that process, I get the same error when trying to install a new package
using apt-get. I get the following error when trying to install a new
package using apt-get

Setting up openvswitch-controller (2.0.1+git20140120-0ubuntu2) ...
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘cacert.pem’: File exists
dpkg: error processing package openvswitch-controller (--configure):
 openvswitch-controller

And if I try the command sudo dpkg --configure -a , I get the following

Setting up openvswitch-controller (2.0.1+git20140120-0ubuntu2) ...
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘cacert.pem’: File exists
dpkg: error processing package openvswitch-controller (--configure):
 openvswitch-controller

So I do not think it is caused by openvswitch-testcontroller package

Best Regards,
Ashish Kurian