[ovs-discuss] Help to remove openvswitch and reinstall it.

Joe Stringer joe at ovn.org
Fri Oct 14 22:33:57 UTC 2016

On 14 October 2016 at 08:59, Gaurav Goyal <er.gauravgoyal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to remove openvswitch from my platform and reinstall it with correct
> configuration.
>
> Have removed all the packages. but i could still see
>
> ovs-system: flags=4098<BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
>         ether ea:a6:8d:26:10:7e  txqueuelen 0  (Ethernet)
>         RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
>         RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
>         TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
>         TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

The OVS kernel module most likely comes with your kernel, so you
cannot completely remove it. To remove a device like this, you can use
ovs-dpctl to delete it then remove the OVS module:

# ovs-dpctl del-dp ovs-system
# rmmod openvswitch

(A reboot should have the same effect)

> and
>
> [root at OSKVM1 ~]# systemctl status neutron-openvswitch-agent.service
> ● neutron-openvswitch-agent.service
>    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
>    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2016-10-14 11:10:46 EDT;

This looks like a piece of openstack that plugs on top of OVS.