[ovs-discuss] Alternative to Iptables for packet filtering in OVS interfaces

Richard Mayers richard.mayers92 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:54:13 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I just realised that all the iptables rules I have been applying to my
open Vswitch interfaces never match.

I am using iptables to mark some packets, and then I use TC (traffic
control) filters to put packets into different priority queues
depending on the Iptables match. That works for every interface, and
even for Linux Bridges (using -m physdev module).

How can I filter packets that go through an ovs interface and put them
into different priority queues if I can not mark them with iptables?

Kind regards,
Richard