[ovs-discuss] adding gtp flow

Ashish Kurian ashishbnv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 13:06:36 UTC 2016

Dear Members,

I have applied the gtp-u patch for OVS version 2.5 and I added the
following flows and my topology is sudo mn --mac. H1 connected to port 1
and H2 connected to port 2. Port 3 is a gtp tunnel port.

   - sudo ovs-vsctl add-port s1 gtp0 -- set interface gtp0 ofport_request=3
   type=gtp options:remote_ip=flow options:key=flow

This is for setting up the GTP port as a flow based tunnel and port number 3

   - sudo ovs-ofctl add-flow s1
    in_port=1,dl_type=0x0800,action=set_field:10.0.0.2-\>tun_dst,set_field:0x1-\>tun_id,output:2

Steer incoming traffic from port 1 to port 2 by setting the destination
address as 10.0.0.2 and tunnel id as 1.

   - sudo ovs-ofctl add-flow s1
   dl_dst=06:00:00:00:00:00,tun_id=0x1,action=mod_dl_dst:00:00:00:00:00:01,output:1

Is this flow actually necessary? I added it because a similar flow is given
in the tunnel implementation types by Ben Pfaff. I only need to test
traffic flow from H1 to H2.

Also in implementing a tunnel as flow based tunnel, should we send the
traffic explicitly to the tunnel port? In my implementation I did not send
the traffic from port 1 to port 3 (gtp port) for gtp encapsulation.

When I do h1 ping h2, I am getting response, but in wire shark on H2, I am
not seeing any gtp packets.

Best Regards,
Ashish Kurian