[ovs-discuss] Vhostports drop issue - related to MTU - Qemu version

Kapil Adhikesavalu kapil20084 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:04:35 UTC 2016

Hi Mark,

This commit is already part of 2.6.0 that i am using. Also, when i create
an port with mtu_request, it is creating with the expected mtu, no problems
here.

The issue i am facing is, i am not even able to run traffic through a
PHY-VM-PHY with the default MTU (mtu_request not used).
I am just creating the dpdk and vhostuser ports without mtu_request and all
the packets are getting dropped at vhostuser port

Working scenario:  DPDK16.04 + OVS2.5.9 + qemu 2.4.1 - default MTU 1500
Non-working scenario: * DPDK16.07 + OVS2.6.0* + qemu 2.4.1 - default MTU
1500.

When i reconfigure the default vhostuser mtu to a different value, packet
drop issue stop; Though issue pops up if the VM is rebooted.
I am trying to find why the default config wouldn't work with the above
dpdk,ovs,qemu version ?

Also doing qemu upgrade is resolving the issue - DPDK16.07 + OVS2.6.0 + *qemu
2.6.2* - default MTU 1500.
There are other dependencies for me in upgrading the qemu verson to 2.6.2,
so i am looking for a way to make it work with 2.4.1.

Regards
Kapil.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Kavanagh, Mark B <mark.b.kavanagh at intel.com