[ovs-discuss] Roadmap for DPDK usespace NAT

Darrell Ball dball at vmware.com
Mon Sep 19 23:41:47 UTC 2016

I am working on DPDK NAT support and targeting 2.7.

Darrell

From: discuss <discuss-bounces at openvswitch.org> on behalf of 张东亚 <fortitude.zhang at gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 11:07 PM
To: Justin Pettit <jpettit at ovn.org>
Cc: discuss <discuss at openvswitch.org>
Subject: Re: [ovs-discuss] Roadmap for DPDK usespace NAT

Hi Justin,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, we will try the ct feature first.

> On Sep 18, 2016, at 7:21 PM, 张东亚 <fortitude.zhang at gmail.com<mailto:fortitude.zhang at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> So that means the only thing we can know is NAT for DPDK is not implemented, can we expect it be released with first 2.6 release?

OVS 2.6 will likely be released either this week or next, and doesn't include NAT for DPDK (only for Linux kernels in this release).  I don't know anyone that's currently working on it, so I can't say in what release it will land.  It is a strongly desired feature, so I imagine it will get done at some point.  We'd happily accept patches that implement it.

--Justin