[ovs-discuss] ovs 2.5.0 - Check-System-Userspace Fails

Advith Nagappa advith.nagappa at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 16:34:07 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have installed ovs 2.5.0 on Ubuntu 14.04(Kernel 4.2.0-27-generic)
Virtualbox on a Windows Host. ( I was able to produce the issue for ovs
2.3.3 and 2.4.0)

On running 'make check-system-userspace' , all test cases fail.

Interestingly though, the first time I ran the 'check' on this
datapath-sanity, only ping between two ports was successful.

datapath-sanity

  1: datapath - ping between two ports               ok
  2: datapath - ping between two ports on vlan       FAILED (
system-traffic.at:49)
  3: datapath - ping6 between two ports              FAILED
(system-traffic.at:53)VM,

but on subsequent checks (without re configuring or re-install), everything
fails

datapath-sanity

  1: datapath - ping between two ports               FAILED (
system-traffic.at:23)
  2: datapath - ping between two ports on vlan       FAILED (
system-traffic.at:27)
  3: datapath - ping6 between two ports              FAILED (
system-traffic.at:76)

I noticed that as the check is run, the ethernet connection on my VM gets
disconnected and re-connects once again. This is just an observation, I am
not sure if it is related.

I have attached the log file for reference. Appreciate your inputs.

Best Regards
Advith Nagappa