[ovs-discuss] How to use auxiliary connnection

Ali Volkan Atli Volkan.Atli at argela.com.tr
Sun Apr 16 11:30:33 UTC 2017

I am trying to understand auxiliary connection according to OpenFlow 1.5 specifications but I have some questions as follows

1) Let's suppose I have one main and one auxiliary connection. How does the controller decide (or force) which connection to use for sending packet-in messages?
2) If the switch will decide, how will it decide? In one case, if there is an auxiliary connection, then -by default- all packet-ins are sent over "only" the aux channel? Is this correct behavior?
3) If there are multiple auxiliary connections, should the switch spread across the various auxiliary connection (for example for load balancing)

Thanks in advance.

- Volkan