[ovs-discuss] build failure when 'mvn archetype:generate' using '-DarchetypeCatalog'

Sam batmanustc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 02:39:15 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm running coretutorials of ODL according
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Controller_Core_Functionality_Tutorials:Main

In 'Part 1 - Build with a simple 'Example' module', I run command exactly
as document said as bellow:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.opendaylight.controller
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=opendaylight-startup-archetype \
> -DarchetypeRepository=
> http://nexus.opendaylight.org/content/repositories/opendaylight.release/ \
> -DarchetypeCatalog=
> http://nexus.opendaylight.org/content/repositories/opendaylight.release/archetype-catalog.xml
> \
> -DarchetypeVersion=1.2.0-Boron

But I got failure:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.0.1:generate
> (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: archetypeCatalog '
> http://nexus.opendaylight.org/content/repositories/opendaylight.release/archetype-catalog.xml'
> is not supported anymore. Please read the plugin documentation for details.
> -> [Help 1]

Some one said to remove '-DarchetypeCatalog', but the result remove
'-DarchetypeCatalog' is:

pom.xml
> src
> tests