[ovs-discuss] [controller-dev] build failure when 'mvn archetype:generate' using '-DarchetypeCatalog'

Michael Vorburger vorburger at redhat.com
Fri Apr 21 13:03:44 UTC 2017

Sam,

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Sam <batmanustc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found in stable/boron pom.xml:
>
> <parent>
>>     <groupId>org.opendaylight.odlparent</groupId>
>>     <artifactId>odlparent-lite</artifactId>
>>     <version>1.7.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>     <relativePath/>
>> </parent>
>

> Is coretutorials' pom.xml wrong?

Yes. The truth is that we haven't actually had the time to maintain
coretutorials and keep it up-to-date... :-( Sorry!

That archetype in controller should be more up to date, but could currently
be broken too.

FYI all, I keep meaning to get back to and wrap up
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/39484/ ... of course if anyone
wants to pick that up, you're more than welcome to.

Other than those, you can, of course, just look at code of other existing
active projects.

>> Add  coretutorials-dev at lists.opendaylight.org

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm running coretutorials of ODL according
>>> https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Controller_Core_Functiona
>>> lity_Tutorials:Main
>>>
>>> In 'Part 1 - Build with a simple 'Example' module', I run command
>>> exactly as document said as bellow:
>>>
>>> mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.opendaylight.controller
>>>

>>> But I got failure:
>>>
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven
>>>

>>> Some one said to remove '-DarchetypeCatalog', but the result remove
>>> '-DarchetypeCatalog' is:
>>>
>>> pom.xml
>>>

>>> Which is not as expact:
>>>
>>> api/