[ovs-discuss] Why we can still see the port when failed to add it to ovs bridge

fukaige fukaige at huawei.com
Thu Aug 3 11:59:02 UTC 2017

Hi all:
Recently, I met a confusing problem when using ovs-2.5.2. When a device fail to be attach to ovs bridge, I still can get the port using “ovs-vsctl show”.
As I see it, we should remove the port’s configuration in ovsdb when failed to attach it to ovs bridge. Then, we cannot get the port using “ovs-vsctl show”.
Could anyone tell me why it is not delete in ovsdb? If it is designed to do like this or we miss the step to remove the port’s configuration.

Here is the log:

EulerOS:~ # ovs-vsctl add-br br-test tap01
ovs-vsctl: 'add-br' command takes exactly 1 or 3 arguments
EulerOS:~ # ovs-vsctl add-port br-test tap01
ovs-vsctl: Error detected while setting up 'tap01'.  See ovs-vswitchd log for details.
EulerOS:~ # ovs-vsctl show
4a8ab521-ded1-45c7-afb7-04005c05908e
    Bridge br-test
        Port "tap01"
            Interface "tap01"
        Port br-test
            Interface br-test
                type: internal
    ovs_version: "2.5.2"

ovs version: 2ba45f0 odp-util: Fix generating various ct fields in odp_key_to_dp_packet()

Thanks,
Kaige Fu