[ovs-discuss] Hashing to megaflow entry

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Mon Aug 21 22:09:52 UTC 2017

> On Aug 21, 2017, at 8:19 AM, Sara Gittlin <sara.gittlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One more - I did not see in the article that if a match is found in
> megaflow cache - then a microflow is generated to be installed in the
> microflow cache to improve performance for subsequnce packets

An exact-match cache (microflow cache) is an implementation of the datapath.  The userspace and out-of-tree OVS Linux kernel module that ships as part of OVS contain an exact-match cache that's managed by the datapath.  The upstream OVS kernel module that ships with the Linux kernel was rejected by the Linux upstream community, so it does not contain one.

--Justin