[ovs-discuss] OVS Patch Ports

Fouad Hallal fhallal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 16:57:22 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have tested OVS patch ports functionality in a simple 3 bridges network
by using Mininet custom topology.  I configured macro flows by cross
connecting the different bridge ports.  Packets passed between the
different bridges and I was able to confirm by inspecting OVS flows
counters.

I have been looking for documentation about OVS implementation of patch
ports.  Specifically, I need to learn about the metadata that is passed
between the different bridges as packets proceed from one bridge to
another.  Is their a data structure (other than the skb) that is passed
along?  Are the input ports and output ports values, that a given packet
traversed for different bridges, kept around through the life of the
packet?  Any pointers are much appreciated.

Thank you,
Fouad Hallal
Digital Ocean