[ovs-discuss] OvS on ARM

José Miguel Guzmán jmguzman at whitestack.com
Fri Dec 8 12:26:04 UTC 2017

OK
I found the reason

In case it is useful for somebody else, it is because the kmod-openvswich
package is not including the vport-gre.ko, vport-lisp.ko, vport-*.ko
modules.
When those kernel modules are loaded, tunneling works!

JM

El lun., 13 nov. 2017 a las 2:16, José Miguel Guzmán (<
jmguzman at whitestack.com>) escribió:

> Hi Joo
>
> When you compiled for wrt, did you try tunneling in kernel module?
>
> I'm compiled OVS 2.5.0 that is the default version for Chaos Calmer, but I
> haven't been able to add tunnel ports to any kernel based switch. It says
> "Address family not supported by protocol" that some posts suggest is
> related to imcompability between kernel and user space (the should not be
> the case). I have gre and vxlan supported in kernel modules.
>
> I was able to create tunnel ports in userspace (datapath_type=netdev), but
> it's performance is low.
>
> Could you (or somebody else reading) suggest me any troubleshooting
> strategy? I'm running out of ideas
>
> Thanks a lot
> JM
>

> El 13 abr. 2017 12:21, "Joo Yong-Seok" <joo.yongseok at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> Yes, I tried and built it successfully. Also basic L2 functions are
> working ok.
>
> Used Linux kernel 3.14 + openvswitch 2.3.9 and openwrt chaos calmer.
>
> As an experiment, I also tried openvswitch 2.6.1 and basic things are
> working ok.
>
> No performance test data though.
>
> Best regards,
>
> On Apr 13, 2017 7:09 AM, "Michael Williams" <mw7301 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have any of you done any cross compilation of OvS for use on ARM based
>> systems? I was thinking of using the OpenWRT SDK to cross compile OvS on
>> Ubuntu for use on a wireless router that supports OpenWRT.

> --

*José Miguel Guzmán*Senior Network Consultant
Latin America & Caribbean
  +1 (650) 248-2490 <+16502482490>
  +56 (9) 9064-2780 <+56990642780>
  jmguzman at whitestack.com