[ovs-discuss] Ubuntu 16.04 Openvswitch bridge on bond

densha at exemail.com.au densha at exemail.com.au
Sat Dec 9 09:18:00 UTC 2017

Hi Forum,

I am attempting to setup a linux bond and create a openvswitch bridge that
uses this bond0 on Ubuntu 16.04.03 using a cisco 2960 switch with
openvswitch version 255.2.

On the Ubuntu server I have configured

# /etc/modprobe.d/bonding.conf
alias bond0 bonding
    options bonding mode=4 miimon=100 lacp_rate=1

# /etc/network/interfaces
auto eno1
iface eno1 inet manual
  bond-master bond0

auto eno2
iface eno2 inet manual
  bond-master bond0

auto bond0
allow-br0 bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
  bond-slaves eno1 eno2
  ovs_bridge br0
  ovs_type OVSPort

auto br0
allow-ovs br0
iface br0 inet static
  address 192.168.0.8
  netmask 255.255.255.0
  gateway 192.168.0.1
  dns-nameservers 192.168.0.1
  ovs_type OVSBridge
  ovs_ports br0

On the Cisco switch I have my LAN 192.168.0.1 connect to port G0/1 on
access port and created ether-channel and connected ports G0/7 and G0/8 to
my Ubuntu server.  Vlan 1 to make things simple.

# show run
interface Port-channel1
 switchport mode access

interface GigabitEthernet0/7
 switchport mode access
 channel-protocol lacp
 channel-group 1 mode active
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/8
 switchport mode access
 channel-protocol lacp
 channel-group 1 mode active

>From the switch I can see the LACP neighbours

Switch#show lacp neighbor
                  LACP port                        Admin  Oper   Port    Port
Port      Flags   Priority  Dev ID          Age    key    Key    Number
State
Gi0/7     SA      255       a01d.48c7.7618  26s    0x0    0x9    0x2     0x3D
Gi0/8     SA      255       a01d.48c7.7618  25s    0x0    0x9    0x1     0x3D

However, I am unable to get my Ubuntu server to be able to ping any
devices on my local network.  From my switch I can ping other devices my
network apart from the Ubuntu server.

Could someone explain to me what I have missed with regards to this setup?

Thanks

Densha