[ovs-discuss] Is it normal that userspace datapath(without dpdk) have a pool perfermance ?

Nacht Z NachtZ at outlook.com
Fri Dec 15 14:27:18 UTC 2017

Hi all:
     I have install ovs in a server and try to test it’s performance. I found that user space datapath(without dpdk) have a poor performance (6MB/s). The kernel datapath works much better(110M/s). I feel puzzle about this. So can someone tell me is that normal and why this happened?
      Here is my test:
      I use the server as router and connect two PCs by network line. Then I run python SimpleHTTPServer in one PC and download file in another PC.
     Thanks very much.
                               Nacht Zhuo
                                2017.12.15