[ovs-discuss] Need help with adding custom IPv6 extension header match and tag support

Alan Kayahan hsykay at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 14:16:59 UTC 2017

Hello,

I need to add a custom feature to OVS for my research where it can match on
a custom IPv6 extension header, and be able to perform the action of
appending a datagram with a custom IPv6 extension header.

I cloned the latest version and followed https://github.com/
openvswitch/ovs/blob/7169d4fdc8e564331c7a5ad910bc1d
99cb413712/FAQ.rst#development however couldn't locate the struct flow in
lib/flow.h. The file lib/meta-flow.h does not exist either.

I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction. And btw, is
there some logging function which I can call anywhere to print to a log
file? For instance, calling log(packet->md) in miniflow_extract so that the
metadata of each passed packet is printed in some log file live. That would
help big time understanding the code.

Regards,
Alan