[ovs-discuss] REDHAT: Route issue with dpdk-bond ports

Vishal Deep Ajmera vishal.deep.ajmera at ericsson.com
Tue Dec 26 08:31:49 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Red-Hat, kernel IP Routes are getting deleted whenever a dpdk-bond port is
added to "netdev" type bridge.  I understand that when a DPDK port is added to
ovs, the bridge port (LOCAL) is reconfigured with MAC address which requires
IOCTL calls to bring the device down and up. This causes kernel to remove the
routes.

Can someone please have a look and let me know what am I missing here ?
Steps to reproduce the issue:

# Create the bridge in OVS.
$ ifup br0

# Dump the routes
$ ip route
11.2.0.0/24 dev br0 proto kernel scope link src 11.2.0.26
100.100.100.10 via 11.2.0.202 dev br0
100.100.100.20 via 11.2.0.201 dev br0
169.254.0.0/16 dev br0 scope link metric 1036

# Add DPDK Bond to bridge br0
$ ifup dpdkbond0

# Dump the routes
$ ip route
11.2.0.0/24 dev br0 proto kernel scope link src 11.2.0.26
--> Other routes for br0 are missing.

Here are the ifcfg files for the bridge BR0 and DPDKBOND0 port along with
static routes.
$ cat ifcfg-br0
DEVICE=br0
ONBOOT=yes
HOTPLUG=no
NM_CONTROLLED=no
PEERDNS=no
DEVICETYPE=ovs
TYPE=OVSUserBridge
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=11.2.0.26
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
OVS_EXTRA="set bridge br0 fail_mode=standalone"

$ cat ifcfg-dpdkbond0
DEVICE=dpdkbond0
ONBOOT=yes
HOTPLUG=no
NM_CONTROLLED=no
PEERDNS=no
DEVICETYPE=ovs
TYPE=OVSDPDKBond
OVS_BRIDGE=br0
BOND_IFACES="dpdk0 dpdk1"
OVS_OPTIONS="bond_mode=balance-tcp other_config:lacp-time=fast lacp=passive"

$ cat route-br0
100.100.100.10 via 11.2.0.201 dev br0
100.100.100.20 via 11.2.0.202 dev br0

Warm Regards,