[ovs-discuss] Setting ovs bridge IP failed using ioctl

netsurfed zhuohaofan at 126.com
Thu Dec 28 07:18:25 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I created a bridge and added my Ethernet port to it, using commands like these:

$ ovs-vsctl add-br br0
$ ovs-vsctl add-port br0 eth0

and as soon as I ran the “add-port” command I lost all connectivity through eth0.

I found on the website, http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/faq/issues/?highlight=ip%20link, can restore functionality by moving the IP address to an Open vSwitch "internal" device to solve the problem.

I then tried to set "bro" IP through ioctl, but the ioctl returned failed, errno was "19", and the error message was "no such device".

If ioctl does not support the setting of an ovs bridge, why can I get IP from ioctl??

Is involved in "modules_install"?

THX.