[ovs-discuss] Regarding on VLAN

felipeapolanco at gmail.com felipeapolanco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 02:33:01 UTC 2017

Hi Joo,

1) To assign an eth1 port inside a bridge to a vlan 40 use “ovs-vsctl set port eth1 tag=40 vlan_mode=native-untagged”
This way you can avoid the use of fake bridges for this purpose, this command is equivalent to “switchport access vlan 40” in the fabric world.
2) The packets that are sent out using br0 interface will be untagged, the device connected to the other side of p3 will receive it in it’s native vlan, so if you have other hosts running in this native vlan then yes you can communicate.
3) Yes, you can see all the packets in the bridge but use the -e option to also see the VLAN Tag in layer 2 frame “tcpdump -i br0 -e”

Sent from Mail for Windows 10