[ovs-discuss] [neutron][networking-ovn] OpenStack Newton using OVN as mechanism driver is giving error.

Numan Siddique nusiddiq at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 09:53:43 UTC 2017

Adding openstack-dev ML with [networking-ovn] tag.

Please see comments inline

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 3:01 PM, pranab boruah <pranabjyotiboruah at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
> We have a OpenStack multi-node lab. Everything was working, until I tried
> integrating with OVN.
> Followed the official guide for integration:
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/networking-ovn/install.html
>
> Lab details:
> 1 Controller, 2 computes
>
> CentOS-7.3, OpenStack Newton, separate network for mgmt and tunnel.
>
> Error details :
> Neutron Server log shows :
>
>  ERROR networking_ovn.ovsdb.impl_idl_ovn [-] OVS database connection to
> OVN_Northbound failed with error: '{u'error': u'unknown database',
> u'details': u'get_schema request specifies unknown database
> OVN_Northbound', u'syntax': u'["OVN_Northbound"]'}'. Verify that the OVS
> and OVN services are available and that the 'ovn_nb_connection' and
> 'ovn_sb_connection' configuration options are correct.
>
> Stuck in this for more than 2 week. Starting to hate my life. Please help.
> Before I tried installing in physical machines, followed the same guide and
> installed in VMs. Everything was working then.
>
> Solutions I tried:
> 1) Completely fresh installing everything.
> 2) Rebuilding ovs
> 3) Check SB and NB configuration options in plugin.ini are exactly correct.

​
Could you please share
 - the values of ovn_nb_connection and ovn_sb_connection defined in
ml2_conf.ini.
 - the output of "ps -aef | grep ovsdb" on the node where you are running
the ovn-northd server.
 - If you could share the output of neutron-server logs in some paste link,
it would be helpful.

Are you able to run "ovn-nbctl show" ? I presume you have installed the
appropriate ovn RPMS ? If not so, please let me know how you have installed
it.

Thanks
Numan

​