[ovs-discuss] [ovn-controller-vtep] Will ovn-controller-vtep write vtep db

Macauley Cheng macauley_cheng at accton.com
Thu Feb 2 15:02:52 UTC 2017

I try to setup the ovn environment with ovn-controller-vtep. But I found ovn-controller-vtep won’t write anything to vtep database.
According to OVN architecture document, the tunnel key in ovnsb-db was filled by ovn-controller-vtep and it is as described.
But I can’t find anyway that ovn-controller-vtep will setup vtep database, is this normal?

Is their any example to use ovs to simulate the hardware switch? Currently I use real hardware switch to test.