[ovs-discuss] Possible bug with OVS LACP + VPC

Shu Shen shu.shen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 22:05:05 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:51:36AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 04:56:00PM -0600, Chad Norgan wrote:
> > Thanks so much for the deeper understanding. I think from here I'm
> > going to get a mirror port setup on the switch so I can confirm that
> > the switch is indeed sending that pdu on the restored link. I can then
> > take that to the switch vendor to address.
> >
> > I love the idea of patching OVS to handle this case, but I will also
> > work the switch vendor side. I would be willing to test a build if you
> > guys have an idea on how you could make OVS cope with it. I'm curious
> > if it couldn't just be discarded.
>
> Chad, did you figure anything out?  If OVS should change to better cope
> with some problem, then I'd like to know about it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben.

Last time I discussed with Chad, it appears that he's on OVS v2.3.2,
which does not have this patch:

https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/commit/336a5584df931d24ae557fe9d68f3b22b957c0d5

The above patch was applied to 2.3 branch in Dec 2016, which I believe
fixes exactly the same problem as reported by Chad.

/Shu