[ovs-discuss] upcall first or the next packet first?

杨润垲 16125201 at bjtu.edu.cn
Tue Feb 7 07:50:45 UTC 2017

I'm sorry I did not make it clear.
If a new packet arrive, the rx ssr will occupy the cpu and the process in userspace has to stop, will it? So the thread which in userspace only can be processed when there is no new packet arrival, am I right?  thank you very much!

在2017-02-07 13:21:04,杨润垲16125201 at bjtu.edu.cn写道:

What's your mean?

I think packets not belongs to one flow has no relationship, who send first depands on nothing.

rx-softinterrupt is used for driver to receive packets, ovs will not interrupt by rx-softinterrupt. I think, I don't know.

thank you for your reply!
If there is only one CPU in the system, then the packets in userspace will not be processed until no new packets arrive,will it ? Because the rx-softinterrupt will always interrupt the process in userspace to work.Is this reasonable?    Thanks again!

在2017-02-07 00:38:13,杨润垲<16125201 at bjtu.edu.cn>写道: