[ovs-discuss] how to tell devstack to run my openvswitch version

Stokes, Ian ian.stokes at intel.com
Wed Feb 8 15:50:20 UTC 2017

> Thanks Ian
> I have ovs-dpdk in my dev environment on  my server , and I want to use
> this ovs-dpdk Can I set the path to ovs-dpdk in the local.conf ?
> Regards avi

So I'd recommend following

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-open-vswitch-and-dpdk-with-neutron-in-devstack

There is a sample local.conf included in the guide which uses the networking-ovs-dpdk plugin to download and install ovs-dpdk.

By default the networking-ovs-dpdk plugin will download the ovs branch and tag specified in its default settings(as of now its DPDK branch 16.11 and OVS commit ID 04de404e1bfa63706237aa78ee065d67538f8fe9).

You can override these values in your local.conf by specifying

OVS_GIT_REPO=

OVS_GIT_TAG=

with your own ovs-dpdk path (note the patch should be specified in a manner that is compatible with git clone command, the plugin will clone and build your ovs-dpdk as part of its scripted behavior).

If you have any queries related to the plugin then better off consulting the documentation for it at

https://github.com/openstack/networking-ovs-dpdk/tree/master/doc/source

Hope this helps.

Ian