[ovs-discuss] Queue size 10Gbps min-rate max-rate

Asif Raza syedasif120683 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:31:06 UTC 2017

Hello,

      I am working with queues in OVS. I have 40Gbps interface attached
with my OVS and I created queue of 10Gbps min-rate & max-rate for my flows:

ovs-vsctl -- set Port eth1 qos=@newqos -- --id=@newqos create QoS
type=linux-htb other-config:max-rate=40000000000 queues=0=@q0 -- --id=@q0
create Queue other-config:min-rate=10000000000 other-config:max-rate=1000
0000000

I am using the above queue for my flows, but I can only get 5Gbps
throughput by using that queue. It is not reaching my given bandwidth
limit/rate (i.e. 10Gbps).

Can you please tell me what is the problem? is there any maximum rate
limitation in OVS? is this a bug of unsigned integer 32 or something else?

Please reply me.

Thanks
&
Best Regards,