[ovs-discuss] Queue size 10Gbps min-rate max-rate

Asif Raza syedasif120683 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 07:45:58 UTC 2017

Hello,

      I am working with queues in OVS. I have 40Gbps interface attached
with my OVS and I created 10Gbps min-rate & max-rate queue for my flows:

ovs-vsctl -- set Port eth1 qos=@newqos -- --id=@newqos create QoS
type=linux-htb other-config:max-rate=40000000000 queues=0=@q0 -- --id=@q0
create Queue
other-config:min-rate=10000000000 other-config:max-rate=10000000000

I am using the above queue for my flows, but I can only get 5Gbps
throughput by using that queue. It is not reaching my give bandwidth limit
(i.e. 10Gbps).

Can you please tell me what is the problem? is there any maximum queue size
limit in OVS? is this a bug of unsigned integer 32 or something else?

Please reply me.

Thanks
&
Best Regards,