[ovs-discuss] coding ovs actions

Alessio Giorgetti alessio.giorgetti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:35:03 UTC 2017

I'm trying to introduce some extended actions in the switch (I'm using
Ubuntu and ovs 2.4). My idea is to manipulate the mpls_header, so I need
to combine basic mpls actions togheter with some additional code.

To do this I started to modify the file /datapath/actions.c

I noticed this file is compiled only when the kernel module is built.

Is it the right place where to write code... ? Is there a tutorial or
some documentation describing the ovs software architecture ? I'd simply
need some documentaiton to know where the various functions and
structures are defined, and which is the best place to write my code.

Thanks,
alessio