[ovs-discuss] Not usable on latest Kernel?

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Sun Feb 26 18:28:16 UTC 2017

> On Feb 26, 2017, at 6:54 AM, Marko Weber <weber at zbfmail.de> wrote:
>
> Hello list,
> i am new to the list.
> I run Kernel 4.10.0 on my Server.
> Vanilla Kernel.
> On gentoo i get emerge error that Kernel is too new and not supported by ovs. Only 4.8.x
> Why are latest kernel not supported?

The FAQ lists the currently supported versions:

	https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/Documentation/faq/releases.rst

Release 2.6 supports up to version kernel version 4.7.

We're releasing 2.7 today or tomorrow, which supports newer versions.  Scanning through commit, it looks like it's been tested with at least 4.8, but the FAQ hasn't been updated.

Jarno, it looks like you've added some of the newer support.  Do you know what the latest supported kernel version is for 2.7?

--Justin