[ovs-discuss] OVS Topology - Output to specific interface of OVS VM

蘇于倫 yulunsus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:45:19 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I am currently configuring OVS VM instances to build specific topology in
VMWare Player.
My steps are as the following in each OVS VM:
- Create one network adapter with "LAN Segment 1"
- # ovs-vsctl add-br br0"
- # ovs-vsctl add-port br0 eth0
- # ifconfig eth0 0
- # ifconfig br0 10.0.0.X (/8 subnet)

In this setting, I am able to ping other OVS VMs in each OVS VM and
all OVS VMs are able to connect to controller (eth0: 10.0.0.200/8).
The topology is a fully connected graph with N OVS nodes.

Then I try to change the topology to the one I targeted for.

br0: 10.0.0.11                                                    br0:
10.0.0.22
OVS VM1 - eth0 ------------------- eth0 - OVS VM2
    eth1                                                               eth1

    eth0                                                               eth0
OVS VM3 - eth1 ------------------- eth1 - OVS VM2
br0: 10.0.0.33                                                  br0:
10.0.0.44

When I add a new network adapter with the same "LAN Segment 1"
to the OVS VMs and add-port to the same bridge br0, I am not able
to ping anymore. I'd like to connect the specific interface to the one
on the other OVS VM. (The MAC of br0 after the second port (eth1)
added is still the same as eth0's MAC.)

I'd like to ask how can I build the topology with OVS VMs in the
above manner. Is there the possibility to achieve it by add rules to
OVS or create GRE tunnel ? I'd like to do it in the simplest way.
Any comment is appreciated.
Thanks!

Ethan