[ovs-discuss] Hardware vtep manager table

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Jan 4 22:41:08 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 03:05:54PM +0530, Syed Ashifur Rahaman wrote:
> But in my hardware vtep, I don't see the is_connected field in Manager
> table updated to true.

I'm surprised.  It's hard for us on this list to diagnose software
maintained and released by someone else, though.

> Also, when I check the logs, I see the transition to IDLE and ACTIVE
> happening continuously. Do we expect controller to send
> some messages periodically? Any inputs?

That's normal, if there's otherwise not much going on.  It's just a way
of checking that the connection is still good, a kind of
application-layer "ping".

> I set only the target field in the Manager table. Is it necessary to
> set other fields(inactivity_probe, max_backoff)?
>
> when does is_connected field get set to true?

You should probably refer to the vtep schema documentation.  It explains
how the schema works.