[ovs-discuss] ovs-vsctl using ovsdb-client

Shravan S K sra9449 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 12:22:27 UTC 2017

I checked with -vjsonrpc, it shows the series of RPC methods that were
called along with the parameters.

I feel it is difficult/cumbersome to configure OVS using ovsdb-client. Are
there any other methods/workarounds for this?

Just to clarify, we can configure OVS remotely using 2 ways:
1) Using ovs-vsctl by SSHing to the host with OVS
2) Using ovsdb-client over TCP port 6640.
Am I right ? Are there any other methods possible?

Thanks.

Shravan