[ovs-discuss] Why message having OFP1.5 do not work on generic switch

Vineet Tripathi vineettripathi1010 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:20:09 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I am new in openvswitch and having a following query:

1. After installing OpenVSwitch and adding  bridge
2. Then, set controller using ovs-vsctl set-controller br0 tcp:<ip:port>
3. Then send add flow message having open-flow protocol 1.5 from controller
then it reports error <OFPET_BAD_REQUEST> with type <OFPBRC_BAD_TYPE>
4. After this I run command "ovs-vsctl -- set bridge br0
protocols=openflow15"
5. When I try to send same open-flow 1.5 add flow message as step 3 then
flow enter added successfully without any error

If I try above same with openflow13 it works in both the cases.

Regards,
Vineet Kumar Tripathi
NEC Technologies India