[ovs-discuss] kernel panic when setting QoS parameters more than once

Riccardo R. riccardoravaioli at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 13:46:41 UTC 2017

Hi,

By setting QoS parameters more than once on an OpenvSwitch bridge, we
caused kernel panic on our machine. This is
reproducible with the following commands:

$ ovs-vsctl add-br mybridge
$ ovs-vsctl add-port mybridge myiface
$ ovs-vsctl set interface myiface  ingress_policing_rate=100
# with the command below the kernel will crash, regardless of the value
given as input:
$ ovs-vsctl set interface myiface  ingress_policing_rate=1000

We tried this with openvswitch 2.4 and 2.6.1 on a 4.6 Linux kernel.
Interestingly, it works correctly on openvswitch 2.3.0 installed on a 3.16
kernel.

Riccardo R.