[ovs-discuss] Crash while building Python C extension

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Tue Jan 10 17:14:22 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 09:32:02AM +0900, Iwase Yusuke wrote:
> *** invalid %N$ use detected ***
> collect2: fatal error: ld terminated with signal 6 [中止], core dumped

Usually, an assertion failure in a build tool (like the linker, in this
case) is a bug in the build tool, not in the software being built.  My
advice is to, first, make sure that you're using the latest conveniently
installable version of the linker and other tools.  If you are, then I'd
suggest trying to make small changes to the OVS Python C extension.  If
you find one that fixes the problem, please submit it as a patch to OVS
and we'll see if the new version still makes sense and, if so, apply it
as a bug fix.