[ovs-discuss] VXLAN support in OVS 2.5.0

Scott Lowe scott.lowe at scottlowe.org
Tue Jan 10 18:03:46 UTC 2017

Please see my response below.

On 01/10/2017 02:26 AM, Shravan S K wrote:
> Is it possible to create a VXLAN setup using just bridges created by
> OVS? (using ovs-vsctl to create these bridges,ports and vxlan config)
>
> vm01-------------------|             |------------------vm03
>                           br1-------br2

Yes, this is possible. On each hypervisor where OVS is running and where
you have VMs you'd like to connect over VXLAN tunnels, create a bridge
("br-tun", for example). Create and configure a VXLAN port appropriately
on br-tun on each hypervisor, and then connect your VMs. You should be
good to go. My website has an example of doing this with GRE; VXLAN
should be nearly identical.

Hope this helps,

--
Scott