[ovs-discuss] VXLAN support in OVS 2.5.0

Scott Lowe scott.lowe at scottlowe.org
Wed Jan 11 06:29:19 UTC 2017

Please see my response inline, prefixed with [SL].

On 01/10/2017 09:50 PM, Shravan S K wrote:
> I am asking if that can be done on a single physical host having OVS.
> Say, as mininet creates bridges which act as switches. Can vxlan be
> setup using Mininet?

[SL] I don't know if it's possible for Mininet to set up VXLAN; that's a
question best asked on a Mininet-related forum.

As for whether it can be done on a single host, I suppose if you were to
use 2 separate bridges for physical connectivity along with 2 separate
bridges for the tunnels, it might work. I've never tried it, though, so
this is just conjecture.

--
Scott