[ovs-discuss] VXLAN support in OVS 2.5.0

Scott Lowe scott.lowe at scottlowe.org
Wed Jan 11 20:47:56 UTC 2017

On 01/11/2017 03:54 AM, Shravan S K wrote:
> Like this?
> vm01-------------------|
> |------------------vm03
>
> br1(vxlanport1)------------br-int1=================br-int2----------(vxlanport2)br2
> vm02-------------------|
> |-------------------vm04
>
> What is the need for the bridges br-int1 and br-int2? Why is it not
> possible without them(as the topology shown earlier in this thread)?

[SL] No, I don't think this is the configuration you'd want to use. The
"br-int" bridges aren't strictly required; you could use br1 and br2.
The trick here---as you're trying to create a VXLAN tunnel within a
host---would be that you'll need 2 IP endpoints (one for each end of the
tunnel), and you'd need each bridge with a VXLAN port to be associated
with one of those IP endpoints.

As I said, though, I haven't tested a configuration like this. Further,
to be honest, I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with
such a configuration.

--
Scott